RomanLaw's Profile Page
Information Written by RomanLaw
I am a "sitcom" = single income two children overweight & married : )
Crowned World Karaoke Team Champions 16 March 2012
Quote from Dave Bean R.I.P. (Fastdave57)
"Music and singing is a blessing that we receive from our father in heaven and it should always be treated respectfully. I truly believe that everyone is capable of singing some songs well and that there are others that only a few can sing well. The hard thing about this is to be honest with yourself and only sing the songs within your capabilities. If you can't sing a song well save it for your bathtub. Hearing anyone sing a beautiful song badly is painful to the ears and disrespectful to others."
This is from an acquaintance's Facebook entry:
Now that you are 12 weeks old there are a few things you need to know. (We have all said, 'I wish I knew then what I know now'. Well, I will pass on what i know NOW to you NOW.')
1. Happiness takes work. But the rewards are better than money, than power, than anything. Also, happiness does spread like ripples to those around you.
2. Sadness is inevitable. Don't medicalise it, don't call it 'depression' (unless of course it is Depression). Ride it, immerse yourself in it as you do in happiness. Of course it will pass: sometimes fast, sometimes slow. But it will pass.
3. Spirit is the most important thing to go after, capture and nurture. It goes by many names: Attitude, Mojo, Character, Personality, Soul. Spirit got both my parents through a World War. Keep your spirit sharp, like a good knife.
4. Don't let disappointment stop you. Feel it as deeply as you need to, get as angry as you need to. Even hate and be bitter. But then move on.
5. Jean-Paul Sartre said "Hell is other people". Remember there is always a reason why people hurt each other. But people can be a lifelong source of joy too. Never write off humanity; we are all we've got.
6. Freedom, next to spirit and love, is important. Freedom is not a right, but has to be earned. My mother said you have to buy your freedom. I buy mine every day.
7. Be a maker. Be a chef as well as an eater. Be a musician as well as a listener. Be a writer as well as a reader. Put more in than you take out.
8. Live in the present. Buddhists and mental health professionals know this is good. Enjoy the past, look to the future, but be here now.
9. Question everything without exception (even all the above). You will be surprised at how much is not as it seems. 'Trust in Allah, but tie up your camels.'
10. Love is the most important. It is a daily miracle that people are willing and happy to love us. Don't confuse love with the thing in movies and advertisements. Love is something else; you will know it when you get there.
Peace, love and rock'n'roll