Messages on Legacy are offline. Please check on SingSnap 2.0 or email us at support@singsnap.com for assistance.

This Pilgrims Progress

This topic is listed in Promotion. It has been viewed 160,553 times and 21,521 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

[center]
[img code=show]https://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/H500/6d847001c0_FU7O_media.jpeg?w=700">

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS   TODAY’S  BIBLE STUDY ….December 19th,  2020   
THE CONTROLLING FACTOR
Foundation scriptures:  First Kings 17   -  Matthew 24:1-14  -   Colossians 3:1-3
1.  First Kings 17; 4, 9-God commanded the ravens and He commanded the widow.
2.  The controlling factor is God’s WordA.  The birds obeyedB.  The woman obeyedC.  Elijah obeyed
3.  We are to look to God’s Word - not to the world.A.  Hebrews 1:3B.  Colossians 3: 1-3C.  We are to live in our inheritanceColossians 1:12Psalm 37:18-19
4.  Get involved with the gospelA.  Matthew 24:1-14, 35B.  Philippians 4:12-19

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

[img code=show]https://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/A0Y9/a3ae65074e_PBLS_media.gif?w=700">

[center]&lt;3  FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR MUSIC HERE ON THE WEEKENDS  DEAR ONES  &lt;3

ErelaLEVEL 70

Reply by ErelaGOLD

[[ *(_* ]] resting! ... yep..... BBL ... [[ *(_* ]]

oh Yay... I am home.... morning everyone.... Sweet Birdie....
I had to let Alvina out to give you a chuckle... song jacked Simona!!!
Erela & Dearsomeone ( Elmz)"Little Darling"https://singsnap.page.link/7CXvgGisqgFScv9M8
I am chopping songs!!! .. hint hint..... Love me Tender........ Desperado......Amazed..... It's your love....... and there will be more at the end of the day.... if anyone wants to sing with me...
have a blessed and wonderful day!

ErelaLEVEL 70

Reply by ErelaGOLD

Erela"Wish you were Here"http://singsnap.page.link/VTCsGD91neJpEGaD8

[img]http://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/ZUQN/0f6e65b06a_ZAM6_media.jpeg?w=700[/img]

TDCLEVEL 104

Reply by TDCPATRON

Music: a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination & life to everything

YOUR FINAL ACHIEVEMENT BADGE AWAITS!
Novella has created a little questionnaire for everyone to answer! Goto "REMEMBERING SINGSNAP LEGACY" by clicking on the banner above or follow the link below ( the lettering in blue ) and post all the wonderful, warm-fussy loving things you love about being a "Snapper"!

Share Your Experience!

1. When did you join SingSnap?
2. How did you find SingSnap Legacy and what was your first impression?
3. Share a story about the first friend you made on SingSnap!
4. What is your favorite part of the SingSnap Website? (Recording, Challenges, Chat, Badges, Trinkets, etc.,)
5. Last, but not least - What impact has SingSnap had on your life that you will always carry with you?

Thanks Everyone for being you and see you on the new SingSnap!

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

[center]Good Evening Erela.... and Sheri... :DThank you so much for dropping by and leaving WONDERFUL things... Will have to dive into a few things here and check it all out... :)Pray you both have a LOVELY evening and a Blessed Day Tomorrow...
[img code=show]https://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/QPP7/ebee97a001_7VQI_media.jpeg?w=700">

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS “A SAFE PLACE”  THE SATERDAY EVENING  POSTDECEMBER 19th, 2020  
THAT YOU MAY KNOW
When journalist Rita Cosby was a child, she noticed scars across her father’s body, and she asked about them.  She quickly learned not to ask questions like that.  Parts of her father’s life were off limits. Years later when her mother passed away, Rita found a tattered tan suitcase in the closet with memorabilia from her dad’s early life, including a Polish Resistance armband, rusted tags bearing a prisoner number, and an identity card for a POW named Rysard Kossobudzki.
Using her training as an investigative journalist, Rita learned as much as she could.  Then she decided to approach  her father for the full story.  “I wanted our relationship to be better,” she said.  “I had decided to make an attempt at a deeper bond, to somehow break through his tough shell, hoping to find a soft center.”
One day she appeared at the door of her dad’s small house in Virginia, and he greeted her warmly.  After chatting a few moments, he said, “Okay, what do you want to know?”
Little by little, Rita learned the remarkable story of how her dad became a Polish resistance fighter when he was little more than a boy.  What he experienced and endured was beyond anything she could have guessed.  She finally understood his physical and emotional scars.  Her heart went out to him and she helped him find healing, even accompanying him back to Poland where, in his old age, he was honored as a national hero.
The two formed the father-daughter bond Rita had longed desired. “By assembling the pieces of this puzzle, I have forged a new and precious bond with my dad, deeper than either of us ever could have imagined.  I’ve learned that sometimes the quiet hero is someone we may have known all our lives, but never really knew at all.”
It’s something like that with Jesus Christ.  Even if you’ve known Him all your life, there’s still much to learn.  There are clues in the Bible to explore.  There are conversations that will deepen our bond with Him.  We’ll never understand all He endured for us or the depth of the scars He bore.  And we’ll never uncover the deepest mysteries of His infinite wisdom, power, love, and grace.  But by knowing Him better, we’ll have the kind of relationship with Him we crave.
The apostle Paul said in Philippians 3:10 that his ambition was “that I may know Him.”  Since Paul already knew Christas Savior, we can only assume he meant he wanted to know Christ better.
The Amplified Bible, Classic Edition renders this verse: “[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly].”
Some of us who grew up hearing about how Jesus healed the sick and stilled the storm and died and rose again … well, we may unconsciously think we’ve heard just about all there is about Jesus.  But Jesus is infinite!  There’s always something new to learn.  The more we study Him, the more insights we gain, and the closer to Him we grow.

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

HOW WE KNOW JESUS
We come to know Him by studying His life and learning about Him, especially His death and resurrection.  Pastor Dan Lloyd said he grew up believing that attending church, participating in the sacraments, and trying to live a morally pure life would help get him to heaven.  When Dan was a senior in high school, Billy Graham held an evangelistic campaign in Seattle’s brand new Kingdome.  Dan decided to attend.  He enjoyed the music and listened to Dr. Graham’s message.
When the invitation was given, he told his sister he was going down to see what the view was like from the Astro Turf.  As he stood on the field, a young man named Roc Bottomley approached him and started a conversation. Roc asked Dan about his eternal salvation, and Dan told him he was all right with God because he was a church member.
Roc replied, “If going to church makes you a Christian, why did Jesus die on the cross?”
Dan had no answer, and Roc proceeded to share the facts and significance of the death of Jesus.  When Roc asked Dan if he wanted to pray, Dan began reading a prayer from a tract Roc had given him: “Dear God, I know that I am a sinner…”
“That’s as far as I got, Dan recalls.  “Never before had I said those kinds of words to God … I was overwhelmed with my conviction of sin and guilt.  I fell to [my] knees realizing that I was a spiritual wreck …. Roc helped me regain my composure and prayed with me.  He helped me work through the commitment I needed to make as I surrendered to Jesus Christ as my Savior.”
The facts regarding the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Christ provide the basis for a relationship with Him.  Once we receive Him into our heart, there’s so much more about Him to learn!  I’ve been a follower of Christ for many many years, but as I worked on The Jesus You May Not Know, I learned things about my precious Lord I hadn’t yet fully realized.
Do you know, for example, that when He called Himself the “son of God,” He was actually using a Jewish phrase claiming to be God Himself? Do you know that in John 17, Jesus gave us an incredible preview of the intercessory ministry He’s pursuing for us right now on the heavenly throne?  How about this:  Did you know that Jesus never apologized for anything, never asked forgiveness, never confessed a sin, and never sought advice from anyone?
The more we study His life and works, the more we’re in awe like those disciples who exclaimed, “What manner of man is this!” (Matthew 8:27, KJV)
HOW WE COME TO KNOW HIM BETTER
The life of Jesus isn’t merely an academic study.  The Lord once told a parable about two men who had listened to His teachings.  Both these men had sat on the front row, as it were, listening to every word.  One of the men heard “these sayings of Mine,” but didn’t put them intp practice.  He was like a foolish man who built a house on the sand.  The other heard “these sayings of Mine” and put them into practice. Jesus likened him to a wise man who built his house on the rock.  When the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew, the house stood firm (Matthew 7: 24-27).
Both men heard, but only one put the words into practice.  Our Lord’s teachings are often simple, but they require practice - a lifetime of practice.  For example, Jesus told us to humble ourselves and become as little children (Matthew 18:4).  In a world of proud people, that’s not easy.  We have to ponder what that looks like in our life.  We have to learn to treat people graciously.  We have to ask ourselves how we can serve our family, our fellow students, the clerk at the store, our employer. Putting that command into effect is a long-term process, but as we study all the Bible says about humility, we begin to get it.  We begin to understand, and, with the Holy Spirit’s help, our life becomes increasingly like Jesus.

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

HOW WE COME TO KNOW HIM MORE DEEPLY
Getting to know Him more deeply only happens over time as we combine biblical information about Jesus with serious prayer.  J. I. Packer wrote, “How can we turn our knowledge about God into knowledge of God?  The rule for doing this is simple but demanding.  It is that we turn each truth that we learn about God into matter for meditation before God, leading to prayer and praise to God.”
Recently a woman complained to an advice columnist that she had used her diary to express and ventilate her frustrations while she and her husband were in marital counseling.  They were making progress until he found her diary and read it.  Now the relationship is back on the rocks.
Jesus has a journal - it’s the written Word of God.  And He invites you to read it.  It’s full of personal information, but its aim is to draw you into a closer relationship with Him, not into a troubled one.  As you grow in your knowledge of Christ, asking Him for illumination, guidance, and wisdom, you’ll develop the kind of relationship with God you crave.  May the greatest priority of our life be - that we may know Him like that!
Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

http://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/VYGH/6dd5b72be4_6IEH_media.jpeg?w=700">

MORNING ON THE GLOBETHE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS“A SAFE PLACE”KCM MINISTRYDECEMBER 20th, 2020
DON’T SETTLE FOR SECOND BEST
“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.” - James 1:2-3
I admit, it's tough to be enthusiastic about going through tests and trials. But can you get excited about being totally supplied in every way, in want of nothing? Well, according to the Word of God, if you'll use your trials to develop patience, you're going to be in precisely that position! You see, patience doesn't mean what you thought it meant. It does not mean settling sweetly for second best. It does not mean standing meekly by while the devil romps all over you. No, patience is a powerful word. The New Testament meaning of it as translated literally from the Greek is "to be consistently constant or to be the same way all the time, regardless of what happens." To understand how much power is involved in that, you have to realize that it's one of the most outstanding attributes of God Himself. The Bible says He's the same yesterday, today and forever. Think about that for a minute. The guy who absolutely cannot be changed by anyone or anything is an extremely powerful fellow, wouldn't you say? Obviously, God has that much power. But you know what? You do too! By the power of the Holy Ghost working within you, you can be the same every day no matter what happens. If you'll put your trust in the Word of God and let patience go to work, it won't matter what happens. You won't ever have to accept anything less than victory again.
 Now that's something to get excited about.
 SCRIPTURE READING: http://go.kcmcanada.ca/e/136791/ot-f2fverse-php-devodate-12-19/6bxs15/340439502?h=CGSbNISuK-2gkE9rfkNAoWzRutyQTdR4frHTyiD43ts" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(54, 112, 176);

[img]http://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/VYGH/6dd5b72be4_6IEH_media.jpeg?w=700">

MORNING ON THE GLOBETHE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS“A SAFE PLACE”KCM MINISTRYDECEMBER 20th, 2020
DON’T SETTLE FOR SECOND BEST
“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.” - James 1:2-3
I admit, it's tough to be enthusiastic about going through tests and trials. But can you get excited about being totally supplied in every way, in want of nothing? Well, according to the Word of God, if you'll use your trials to develop patience, you're going to be in precisely that position! You see, patience doesn't mean what you thought it meant. It does not mean settling sweetly for second best. It does not mean standing meekly by while the devil romps all over you. No, patience is a powerful word. The New Testament meaning of it as translated literally from the Greek is "to be consistently constant or to be the same way all the time, regardless of what happens." To understand how much power is involved in that, you have to realize that it's one of the most outstanding attributes of God Himself. The Bible says He's the same yesterday, today and forever. Think about that for a minute. The guy who absolutely cannot be changed by anyone or anything is an extremely powerful fellow, wouldn't you say? Obviously, God has that much power. But you know what? You do too! By the power of the Holy Ghost working within you, you can be the same every day no matter what happens. If you'll put your trust in the Word of God and let patience go to work, it won't matter what happens. You won't ever have to accept anything less than victory again.
 Now that's something to get excited about.
 SCRIPTURE READING: [url]http://go.kcmcanada.ca/e/136791/ot-f2fverse-php-devodate-12-19/6bxs15/340439502?h=CGSbNISuK-2gkE9rfkNAoWzRutyQTdR4frHTyiD43ts" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(54, 112, 176);[/url]

Good Evening Dear Friends  Pray your day was a Blessed one…  :)Mine was a lazy day…  just basically took a break…Didn’t do much but read and watched a couple of movies…Got down to some typing this evening for this thread...Pray all of you have a Refreshing rest..And a Holy Spirit Filled Sunday...Hugsss and Many Blessings…   

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

http://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/UWQS/52a3ac9cd6_ACZG_media.jpeg?w=700">

A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN ON EARTH
“Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another...even as Christ forgave you.”   - Colossians 3:12-13
Living in a home filled with the love and the peace of God Himself is almost like living in heaven right here on earth. We all know that's true. And we long to live in such a home. Yet, time and time again, we shortchange our families. We spend our kindest words and our most winning smiles on those beyond our front door.
Have you ever wondered why?
The answer is simpler than you might suspect. Spiritually speaking, your family is under attack. You see, it is not only one of your most precious gifts, when it's operating in harmony, it's one of your most powerful resources. Satan knows that even if you don't--and he's out to destroy it.
His battle plan is simple. He will do everything he can to create strife in your home. He'll stir up feelings of self-pity and jealousy. He'll encourage you to nurse resentments and harbor bitterness. And through it all, his purpose remains the same, to divide and destroy your home. When God's people get in harmony with each other, miracles start to happen. Their agreement creates an atmosphere in which God's supernatural, miracle-working power is free to flow! So Satan is constantly tempting us to spoil that atmosphere, to foul things up by being at odds with each other. All too often we fall prey to his tactics simply because we don't realize just how dangerous strife really is. One close look at the Word of God will solve that problem, however. James 3:16 says, "Where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work."
Don't open the door of your home to Satan by allowing your family the "luxury" of a few quarrels.Stop the destruction before it starts. Anchor yourself to God's Word. Find out what He has to say about the power of agreement. Stop looking at your family from your own limited perspective and start seeing it as God sees it--as a powerhouse! That way you won't drift helplessly into an argument every time a gust of emotion blows through your home.
Determine right now not to let the devil have your family. Instead, pray for them, support them and love them. Bring them together, so you can all enjoy a little bit of heaven on earth.
SCRIPTURE READING: http://go.kcmcanada.ca/e/136791/ot-f2fverse-php-devodate-12-20/6bxs55/340566638?h=sCYUuznPZcCzOzjUJBkEXp8VD71n2cAglZ_6avAnk7g" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(54, 112, 176);

[img]http://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/UWQS/52a3ac9cd6_ACZG_media.jpeg?w=700">

A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN ON EARTH
“Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another...even as Christ forgave you.”   - Colossians 3:12-13
Living in a home filled with the love and the peace of God Himself is almost like living in heaven right here on earth. We all know that's true. And we long to live in such a home. Yet, time and time again, we shortchange our families. We spend our kindest words and our most winning smiles on those beyond our front door.
Have you ever wondered why?
The answer is simpler than you might suspect. Spiritually speaking, your family is under attack. You see, it is not only one of your most precious gifts, when it's operating in harmony, it's one of your most powerful resources. Satan knows that even if you don't--and he's out to destroy it.
His battle plan is simple. He will do everything he can to create strife in your home. He'll stir up feelings of self-pity and jealousy. He'll encourage you to nurse resentments and harbor bitterness. And through it all, his purpose remains the same, to divide and destroy your home. When God's people get in harmony with each other, miracles start to happen. Their agreement creates an atmosphere in which God's supernatural, miracle-working power is free to flow! So Satan is constantly tempting us to spoil that atmosphere, to foul things up by being at odds with each other. All too often we fall prey to his tactics simply because we don't realize just how dangerous strife really is. One close look at the Word of God will solve that problem, however. James 3:16 says, "Where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work."
Don't open the door of your home to Satan by allowing your family the "luxury" of a few quarrels.Stop the destruction before it starts. Anchor yourself to God's Word. Find out what He has to say about the power of agreement. Stop looking at your family from your own limited perspective and start seeing it as God sees it--as a powerhouse! That way you won't drift helplessly into an argument every time a gust of emotion blows through your home.
Determine right now not to let the devil have your family. Instead, pray for them, support them and love them. Bring them together, so you can all enjoy a little bit of heaven on earth.
SCRIPTURE READING: [url]http://go.kcmcanada.ca/e/136791/ot-f2fverse-php-devodate-12-20/6bxs55/340566638?h=sCYUuznPZcCzOzjUJBkEXp8VD71n2cAglZ_6avAnk7g" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(54, 112, 176);[/url]

Good Evening Dear Friends  Pray your day was a Blessed one…  :)It was a chilly day today… but the sun came out…Been feeling really lazy and taking a rest today..Watched a couple of documentaries …And typing for the Thread here….  Supposed to have a BIG dump of snow tomorrow..Over a foot…  so we will see if that happens of not…  Pray all of you have a Blessed evening…And a Wonderful start to your week tomorrow...Hugsss and Many Blessings…   

ErelaLEVEL 70

Reply by ErelaGOLD

Morning Sweet Birdie!I hope you had a restful night!!!have a share for you....Erela"I Cried for You"https://singsnap.page.link/ksER7N4Ema74zY239
hope you have an amazing day!Erela

ErelaLEVEL 70

Reply by ErelaGOLD

one more....Erela"Someone Else's Star"https://singsnap.page.link/KRPFcxz4eq7jNPp78
now that 20 works for me.... I am loving the change!Erela

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

Good Morning Erela...So Wonderful to see you drop by this morning.... Tried to find the duet you chopped with no such luck...and the links above are not working for me... Guess I am going to have to try again...Pray you have a Blessed day... Give little Odin a hug for me...
http://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/WCQO/e9647cd594_QYFW_media.jpeg?w=700">

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS A MORNING PRAYERGOOD MORNING DEAR FRIENDS…
“Besides, she is indeed my sister, the daughter of my father but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.”  ~  http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+20%3A12&version=NIV" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(203, 138, 42);

[img]http://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/WCQO/e9647cd594_QYFW_media.jpeg?w=700">

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS A MORNING PRAYERGOOD MORNING DEAR FRIENDS…
“Besides, she is indeed my sister, the daughter of my father but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.”  ~  [url]http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+20%3A12&version=NIV" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(203, 138, 42);[/url]

God spoke to Abimelech in a dream... telling him that he was about to die because he took a married woman for himself. Abimelech protested that he did not know she was married. After all... Abraham had said “She is my sister” and Sarah had agreed. In response to Abimelech... the Lord offered to let him off the hook if he returned Sarah to Abraham.When he did this... Abimelech complained to Abraham for failing to identify Sarah as his wife. Abraham explained that he had acted out of fear, “Besides, she is indeed my sister, the daughter of my father but not the daughter of my mother, and she became my wife” (20:12). So... as it turns out... Abraham’s claim... “She is my sister” was true. (We would say she was a half-sister.)
Did Abraham tell the truth to Abimelech? Yes and no. He told part of the truth but omitted the part that was the most consequential. We might say that he spun the truth for his own benefit. In the process, he endangered both his wife and Abimelech.
We may never find ourselves in a predicament quite like that of Abraham. Yet... we are often confronted with the challenge of how to tell the truth well. We know how to say true things that actually deceive. We might even be tempted to say true things that hurt others because they are partial truths. We need to learn how to say the truth that ought to be said... from God’s point of view. We need our hearts to be formed so that we will know when and how to speak the real truth.
 O Gracious God... We thank You for the example of Abraham. His deceptive telling of a half-truth challenges us to examine our own behavior. Give us the wisdom, Lord... to know how to speak the truth wisely. Give us courage to say what needs to be said. May we all be known for truthfulness. To you be all the glory. Amen. and Amen ….

Good Morning Dear Friends Pray your rest was a Refreshing one   … :)Woke up to a dark house….My power has been off for quite awhile…Getting lots of snow all around me here…Over a foot in some places…Pray all of you are warm and safe…God is providing you with His many Blessings… Stay Safe Everyone… Hugs and Many Blessings … 

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

[img code=show]https://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/5I7U/a2172b3565_9KJF_media.jpeg?w=700">

TODAY’S TURNING POINTDr. DAVID JEREMIAH~ A Safe Place ~ DECEMBER 21st,  2020
WHY PRAISE GOD   
“Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; come before His presence with singing.”  ~  Psalm 100:1-2  Perhaps the best-known psalm of praise in the Old Testament is Psalm 100. It is short, well organized, and links worship with gladness and joy in singing. In fact, our modern use of choirs has its roots in the Old Testament forms of worship. Choirs of thanksgiving were appointed when the rebuilt walls of Jerusalem were dedicated after the return from exile (Nehemiah 12:31, 38, 40).
Psalm 100 establishes the pattern for worship: We worship God for what He has done and for who He is. There are two exhortations to praise in the psalm. The first is in verse 2, the reason being that He has made us and “we are His people” (verse 3). The second exhortation to praise is in verse 4, and the reason is because of who God is: He is good, merciful, and truthful (verse 5).
A SINGLE THOUGHT ...
If you are ever at a loss for motivation or reasons to praise God with joy, remember Psalm 100. Praise Him with

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

[img code=show]https://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/LOTQ/49fd684e5e_QCEW_media.jpeg?w=700">

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS~~A Safe Place ~~THE LIFE GOD BLESSESBy:  David JeremiahDECEMBER 21st, 2020
WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE ?
One would think that Peter was finally getting his post-failure life together, getting the big picture of what the rest of his life was going to be like.  But when we read the conversation between Peter and Jesus in verses 20-22, a different picture emerges.
Jesus has just given Peter instructions - three times - to take car of His sheep (verses 15-17); and Peter says to Jesus, “But Lord, what about this man?” (verse 21) - referring to John, who was standing nearby.  There are three lessons Peter needed to learn and which we should learn as well.
GOD HAS A COMPREHENSIVE PURPOSE FOR YOUR LIFE
Jesus’ reply to Peter’s question was, to put it mildly, short and to the point:  “What is that to you? You follow Me” (verse 22).
Peter needed to know that God had a plan for his life - and that’s only the plan with which he needed to be concerned.  He didn’t need to have his attention diverted from God’s will for his own life by worrying about God’s will for someone else’s life.
Peter had a history of taking his eyes off the spiritual ball.  In Luke 5:8, Peter told Jesus to depart from him for he was a sinful man.  When he got out of the boat to walk to Jesus on the water, he took his eyes off Jesus and began to sink (Matthew 14:30).  Peter was a good starter but not always a good finisher.
Jesus’ curt answer to Peter may have been because Peter was losing focus again.  Just when it appears Peter has accepted the Lord’s forgiveness and his new assignment. He’s worrying about all the wrong things - like God’s will for the apostle John.  The strong words were meant to convey to Peter the need for obedience.
Peter was probably worried that John was going to get a better or more exciting assignment than he got.  Before we get too critical of Peter, though, let’s realize how prone we all are to the same thing - looking around to see if others are more successful, more appreciated, or more important than we are.  If we’re wise, we’[ll keep Jesus’ words to Peter in the back of our mind: “What is that to you?”
Many Christians either never had or have lost the sense of their own personal relationship with the Lord. We live our lives without thinking consciously that God has a purpose and plan for our lives individually.  He calls us individually to Himself.  He gifts us individually with spiritual gifts.  He responds to us individually just as He did the original twelve disciples.  If we live with a moment - by - moment awareness of Jesus’ personal relationship with us, we will not lose our focus nearly so easily.  We will not worry about what Jesus is calling someone else to do.
It’s interesting that Peter apparently learned this lesson later, for he wrote in 1 Peter 4:15, “But let none of you suffer as a murderer. A thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people’s matters.”

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

[img code=show]https://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/ZNMY/bac009287b_EHVN_media.jpeg?w=700">

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS~~A Safe Place ~~WHY THE NATIVITY ?By:  David JeremiahDECEMBER 21st, 2020
THE RESPONSE
SHE IS GREATLY CONFUSED
“And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be” (Luke 1:29).  More than likely, Mary had never seen an angel before. But there was something about this holy creature of God that troubled her spirit, causing the angel to comfort her with the words, “fear not.”
SHE CONSIDERS WHAT SHE HAS HEARD
The Scripture goes on to say at the end of verse 29 that after her confusion came some consideration.”  And [she] cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.”  The phrase ”cast in her mind” literally means “she turned it over and over again.”  She played it back in her mind.  What was going on here?  A sense of wonder and uneasiness overcame her as she saw what was happening and heard the angel’s words.
SHE DOES SOME INVEVESTIGATION
And then she began her own personal investigation.  After she had considered what was happening, verse 34 says, “Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?”  She had every right to question becausewhat was going to happen had never occurred. Never!
So the angel answered, “The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God'' (verse 35).  I’m sure Mary didn’t understand all the doctrinal significance here, but she did know that a miracle was going to take place - she, a virgin, was going to give birth to the Son of God.
Note how God listens to her questions and doubts - something He does for us, too!  The angel adds, “Behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren” (verse 36).  So it is not a surprise what we find in verses 39-40: “And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into the city of Juda; and entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.”  

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

[img code=show]https://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/ZFHS/e63ded448b_P18U_media.jpeg?w=700">

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS~~A Safe Place ~~MOVING FORWARDBy:  David JeremiahDECEMBER 21st, 2020
PRESENT YOURSELF TOTALLY TO GOD
First, we must present ourselves totally to God.  Romans 12:1 tells us, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.”  In other words, since Jesus offered His body as a sacrifice for us, it’s only reasonable for us to present our bodies as living sacrifices for His service.  Romans 6:13 says, “Give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life.  So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God”(NLT).
Many people try to find a purpose in life by focusing on themselves, but in the process leave God out of the picture.  Life is not about us using God for our purposes.  It’s about God using us for His purposes. If we get that wrong, we’ll have a hard time finding out how things are supposed to fit together.
Perhaps a lot of folks are afraid of giving themselves unreservedly to God because it means yielding their own plans to His and they’re hesitant to make a full commitment, now knowing what that might involve now and in the future.  They feat the Lord will send them in a different direction than they want to go.  But God didn’t create us for ourselves and our own plans.  He made us for Himself and His plans.  If we want to find real meaning in life, we have to begin with Him and surrender ourselves to God’s will.
God created us for Himself, and He wants us to have an abundant life.  He doesn’t want to make us miserable or ask us to do something we’ll hate.  He wants to show us the adventure for which He has made us.  We have to be willing to trust Him, that His plans and purposes are best by far.
An old hymn says, “All to Jesus I surrender.”  Another says, “Have Thine own way, Lord!” Have Thine own way!”  That’s the starting place to a life of purpose.

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

http://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/TMNE/8461cd9156_QJAV_media.jpeg?w=700">

MORNING ON THE GLOBETHE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS“A SAFE PLACE”KCM MINISTRYDECEMBER 22nd, 2020
STICK TO YOUR CALLING
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God.... Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. - 2 Timothy 1:6,9
Are you doing what God called you to do? If you haven't ever thought about it before, that may sound like an odd question to you. You may be tempted to shrug it off and say, "Oh, I'm not really called to do anything. I'm not a pastor or a teacher or a minister of any kind...I guess I'm just what you might call a little finger on the Body of Christ." Let me tell you something: No matter who you are, God has put a holy calling in you. He's designed you and called you to meet a need in the Body of Christ that nobody else can meet quite like you can. You may be called to be so successful in business you can finance the gospel worldwide. You may be called to a ministry of prayer and intercession. You may be called to a ministry of healing right there in your own neighborhood. But no matter what that calling is, it's important and you need to follow it!
 If you're like many believers I know, you may have let your life become so overgrown with other things that you just don't have time to pursue your calling. You may be so overwhelmed with the cares of life that you can't imagine how you can fit in anything else. Over the years, a pastor friend of mine got involved in so many different areas of ministry that he was about to fold up physically under the strain of it. The overload was actually about to kill him. Finally, the Lord spoke to him one night and said, "John, it's not your calling that's nearly killed you. It's everything else you've added to it." I've had to deal with that in my own life. I've had to quit doing things just because they need doing. I've had to discipline myself to sticking to what I'm called to do. Make up your mind to prayerfully trim away the extra things you've added to your life. Stir up the gift God has placed inside you. Get back to what He has called you to do. After all, that calling is vital. It's holy...and it's yours. Don't ever let it slip away from you.

SCRIPTURE READING: http://go.kcmcanada.ca/e/136791/ot-f2fverse-php-devodate-12-21/6bxtbc/340709396?h=iVpaep-q_giJ-OUiVO0yU23_D4pRyfQMu2kuhXd4mps" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(54, 112, 176);

[img]http://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/TMNE/8461cd9156_QJAV_media.jpeg?w=700">

MORNING ON THE GLOBETHE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS“A SAFE PLACE”KCM MINISTRYDECEMBER 22nd, 2020
STICK TO YOUR CALLING
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God.... Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. - 2 Timothy 1:6,9
Are you doing what God called you to do? If you haven't ever thought about it before, that may sound like an odd question to you. You may be tempted to shrug it off and say, "Oh, I'm not really called to do anything. I'm not a pastor or a teacher or a minister of any kind...I guess I'm just what you might call a little finger on the Body of Christ." Let me tell you something: No matter who you are, God has put a holy calling in you. He's designed you and called you to meet a need in the Body of Christ that nobody else can meet quite like you can. You may be called to be so successful in business you can finance the gospel worldwide. You may be called to a ministry of prayer and intercession. You may be called to a ministry of healing right there in your own neighborhood. But no matter what that calling is, it's important and you need to follow it!
 If you're like many believers I know, you may have let your life become so overgrown with other things that you just don't have time to pursue your calling. You may be so overwhelmed with the cares of life that you can't imagine how you can fit in anything else. Over the years, a pastor friend of mine got involved in so many different areas of ministry that he was about to fold up physically under the strain of it. The overload was actually about to kill him. Finally, the Lord spoke to him one night and said, "John, it's not your calling that's nearly killed you. It's everything else you've added to it." I've had to deal with that in my own life. I've had to quit doing things just because they need doing. I've had to discipline myself to sticking to what I'm called to do. Make up your mind to prayerfully trim away the extra things you've added to your life. Stir up the gift God has placed inside you. Get back to what He has called you to do. After all, that calling is vital. It's holy...and it's yours. Don't ever let it slip away from you.

SCRIPTURE READING: [url]http://go.kcmcanada.ca/e/136791/ot-f2fverse-php-devodate-12-21/6bxtbc/340709396?h=iVpaep-q_giJ-OUiVO0yU23_D4pRyfQMu2kuhXd4mps" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(54, 112, 176);[/url]

Good Evening Dear Friends  Pray your day was a Blessed one…  It was cold and very windy today..With blowing snow all day long… Still snowing lightly as i sit here talking to you…Lots of accidents and power outages….Been hearing quite a few sirens today… Pray all of you have a Blessed evening…Be safe in all you do …Hugsss and Many Blessings…   

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

[b][img code=show]https://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/OVOL/c67a53fc06_IY1F_media.jpeg?w=700">

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS~~A Safe Place ~~THE LIFE GOD BLESSESBy:  David JeremiahDECEMBER 22nd, 2020
GOD HAS A CREATIVE PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE
Jesus’ statement in verse 22 - “If I will that he [John] remaintill I come, what is that to you?’ - contained another critical point for Peter and for us:  God has a creative plan for each of our lives.
A Chinese Christian leader of several decades ago wrote a book called What Shall This Man Do?  In it he talked aboutthe difference between the lives of Peter, Paul, and John - how God had a different plan for each one.  Peter was anevangelist.  The first time he preached the Gospel ( in Jerusalem at Pentecost - Acts 2), three thousand people embraced the message and were saved.  Later, five thousand men were converted.  Paul didn’t have Peter’s gift for evangelism.   Paul was a missionary, a builder, a church-planter, and a teacher.  He certainly did evangelism, but he primarily established and organized churches and taught them through his letters.
Paul was a theologian and a writer, but he never won three thousand people to Christ at one time.  Peter was an evangelist, but he didn’t plant churches or take the Gospel where it hadn’t been preached before.  They were each individually gifted - and therefore different. And then there was John - the “mender.” He was a lover and a peacemaker, totally different from Paul and Peter.
Jesus was trying to get Peter to recognize that he wasn’t John!  And He wants us to recognize the same thing.  God hasn’t called us to do another person’s job’; He has called us to do our job.  Recognizing and agreeing with that fact would simplify our Christian experience tremendously.  If we would just “follow Him,” we would stay on the creative path we were meant to walk on.

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

[b][img code=show]https://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/IHIC/a760889880_QFQL_media.jpeg?w=700">
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS~~A Safe Place ~~WHY THE NATIVITY ?By:  David JeremiahDECEMBER 22nd, 2020
SHE SUBMITS HERSELF TO THE WILL OF GOD
Still filled with doubts, prior to her visit with Elizabeth, Mary must have thought about the struggle that Joseph would have when he was told that his wife to be was with child and yet she had not known a man. And she couldn’t have comprehended the grief that she would know later at the cross as her beloved Son was crucified.  But listen to her words in verse 38: “And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy world.”  In essence, she said, “Lord, I don’t understand how all of this is going to happen.  It’s never happened before in the history of the world and yet, You say that it is going to happen in me.  Lord, I want you to know that I am your person and I am willing for You to do with me, in me, and through me, anything You choose.  And so Lord,. Be it unto me according to Your world.  I summit myself to Your will.”
My prayer for us is that God will give us the spirit of Mary: “Lord...be it unto me according to thy word.”  And if He does that, then everyday of the year, will be a continuous experience of joyous worship.  We will be able to sort out the clutter and all of the busyness of life.  We will find room for Jesus!
Cont’d ….
DID YOU KNOW ??
Angels announced Jesus’ birth and commanded people to glorify God (Luke 2).  They served Jesus’ needs after His temptation by the devil (Matthew 4: 1-11), strengthened Him in the Garden before His crucifixion (Luke 22:43), declared His bodily resurrection (Matthew 28: 1-7), were present at His ascension back to heaven, promised His return to earth (Acts 1: 9-11), and will accompany Him at His Second Coming to earth, separating the righteous from the wicked (Matthew 13: 41-42, 49-50; 24:31).  Angels rejoice every time someone trusts in Jesus as their Savior (Luke 15:10) and

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

You can find The Pilgrim's Progress listed in Promotion on the New Beta Site...

<< Prev