Messages on Legacy are offline. Please check on SingSnap 2.0 or email us at support@singsnap.com for assistance.

THE SS MAD AWARDS

This topic is listed in Contests - Completed. It has been viewed 5,683 times and 444 replies have been made.

Next >>
rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Edited post by rkingkaraokeSNAP-STAR

The SS MAD AWARDS.

SINGER SONGWRITERS MAKING A DIFFERENCE.

Seeking Singer Songwriters interested in joining me in this fun & creative, special 1 round, 1 week, PSA/MA/Project/Challenge/Comp. Although there will be Award Banners, the real prize will be the feeling
you get after you create and produce a song that makes a difference in our world, by promoting positive change on some real serious world wide issues.

I will be hosting these SS Mad Comps at different times throughout the year. Each one will be addressing a different topic/problem facing our world today. I will choose the topic/theme & you will write a song about that topic. Your song will then be included in that weeks album & in a serious of upcoming SS Mad Albums. You may join as many of these SS MAD Comps in the future as you want. You do not have to commit to doing them all. If you have the time & you like the theme of the album we are working on that week... & you think you can write a song about it... then you may submit an original song to be included in the SS MAD Albums. All contestants who submit an original song before the deadline... will be included in the album & will receive a special personalized album banner. Award banners will be presented to the Top Grand & 1st through 4th place winners.

This week we will be working on Volume 1 of the SS MAD Album Series. Below you will find the topic for our 1st album. I know there are some amazing singer songwriters on this site & I'm hoping you will want to join myself & some other Singer Songwriters here, who want to use our voices, original songs, & the messages within them... to make a difference in the world... & perhaps help someone who is going through some troubled times & situations.

Do to the enormous work involved in putting this all together... I can only accept 10-20 Singer Songwriters ... perhaps 25 max... depending on interest. If you are interested in being a part of this... You should probably claim a spot right away. But, Please be sure to read the rules & guidelines below before you claim a spot. Ty.

If you have any questions... feel free to pm me anytime... &/or ask any questions you may have here on the thread. Your question may help answer someone else's question. I appreciate you stopping by. Ty, so much for your interest in the SS MAD AWARDS. If you are unable to join us this week... I hope you can join us in the future, when we produce the next edition in the SS MAD Album Series. Ruby

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Edited reply by rkingkaraokeSNAP-STAR

OCTOBER IS NATIONAL BULLYING PREVENTION MONTH

So, for our first MAD ALBUM... We will be addressing the epidemic problem of Bullying in our world today.

Kindness is one of the most significant contributors towards positive change in our world. When adults respond quickly and consistently to bullying behavior they send the message that it is not acceptable. Research shows this can stop bullying behavior over time.

Parents, school staff, and other adults in the community can help kids prevent bullying by talking about it, building a safe school environment, creating a community-wide bullying prevention strategy, & in this challenge you can help by writing a song about this important & epidemic issue affecting our world today.

Your song can be any song about bullying. School Yard Bullying, Cyber bullying, Songs about someone who is being bullied, or about how to prevent bullying, Songs from the perspective of a bully... Perhaps about a bully getting bullied &/or the effects of bullying etc., Just make sure it has something to do with Bullying... Since that is this MAD ALBUM'S theme.

You may also find some great info, song ideas & hook lines by reading up on the topic. The site below talks about preventing bullying, responding to bullying, warning signs of bullying, effects of bullying & hotline numbers to call if you or someone you know is being bullied. You can also find more ways to get involved & help stomp out bullying @ StopBullying.gov

Stand up to hate & please join us in the fight against bullying. Create a song that will make a difference in the world, either by helping someone or inspiring someone. You never know... the song you write may just save someone's life.

Even if you haven't written a song before... You can take this challenge. The SingSnap House Band has some great instrumental pieces that you can use & write lyrics for. You may find some of the instrumental tracks here... look for the ones that say SingSnap House Band for the artist... they are free for you to use.
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/record/houseband

See complete rules & guidelines below

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Judging Criteria & Point Value System

Ok....So we can't win them all & we all can't win. But in this contest, you can earn a total of 50 points for a perfect performance. Keep in mind you don't have to have a perfect performance to perfectly perform to the best of your abilities....so just do your best to be your best! If you do that, you can be pleased with yourself for being the best that you could be & creating a unique song that you wrote & produced!!

Also, keep in mind, we are by nature our own worst critiques. However, Its the differences in us that sets us apart & makes us special & unique in all of our performances. Remember in God's ears, You always sing like an Angel!

I hope you find this information to be helpful & useful.

Pitch..Tone & Key = 10 points
Your overall vocal performance... did you choose a song that showcases the pitch & tone of your voice? Did you stay in tune or sing off key?

Timing ...Dynamics & Diction = 10 points
Do you lead the song or does the song lead you? Can we feel the rhythm?
Can we understand what you are saying? Do use dynamics in your voice to help your song speak to us in volumes?

Song Choice & Emotional Attachment to Song = 10 points
Did your song fit the theme? Do you feel the story of the song when you sing it or do you just sing words with no feeling? Did you engage us with a story or a message by pulling us into the song, making us feel some sort of emotion or longing for more? Does it have a catchy hook line... making us want to hear it again & sing along with ya.?

Sound Mix = 10 points
Vocal music balance & blend are crucial in your performance. It can make or break you. Play with those settings when you are mixing your songs!! lol We need to hear you to Judge you but we don't want to hear you shouting over the music either....Unless you're singing shout at the devil!

Total Package Presentation = 5 points
If you need help in this area just ask...we would like to see something besides a white background on your recording, but I do realize some people just aren't as puter savvy as others so we have cut the points in half for these last two criteria's. Still, it's a good thing to learn how to dress up your show packages, so we like to encourage you to learn how to do this & be creative in your package presentations.

Wow Factor = 5 points
Something that will set you apart from the others, Make You Stand out & Make Us Remember you. Make sure your song makes a statement. Words matter in this competition! Make sure your music & lyrics fit & flow nicely together. Make sure your song & message fits the genre of music you choose & choose a page design that pulls it all together for a great pkg presentation.

**There are a lot of page designs to choose from here..
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/a519f000?page=aa17e
All you have to do is look through them... find one you like... then copy the code under the design that you like & paste it in the recording info area of your song... followed by your song entry banner I have supplied you with below. Make sure you put your song lyrics in the recording info area of the song too... followed by any other info you want to tell us.

This is how we will determine your scores for both your original & the bonus songs that you submit.

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

ORIGINAL SONGS
Format & Song Entry Banner

Submit your ORIGINAL SONGS
in this format:

Name
Song Title
Song link

Put Song Banner in the recording info area
of your ORIGINAL SONGS. Please & Ty.

*Don't forget to put your Original Song Lyrics
in the recording info area of your song. Ty

** A background page design
will help you deliver a more polished entry...
if you need help in this area just ask.
I'm more than happy to help you with this.

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

OPTIONAL BONUS SONGS
Format & Song Entry Banner

Submit your BONUS SONGS
in this format:

Name
Song Title - Artist
Song link

Put Song Banner in the recording info area
of your BONUS SONGS. Please & Ty.

* Please state why you chose the song you sang
in the recording info area of your song. Ty

**A background page design
will help you deliver a more polished entry...
if you need help in this area just ask.
I'm more than happy to help you with this.

*** These Optional Bonus Songs
will be judged separately from your original recordings.

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

After I have listened & scored your songs...
I will leave this listening banner on your songs...
So that you know that I have heard & scored them.
I listen several times to your songs, before I score them.

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

There will be a Mystery Judge

Though this person wishes to remain anonymous, They are a fab singer-songwriter & is an experienced & qualified judge. I personally would like to thank the mystery judge for helping me judge this competition.
In order for them to remain anonymous... You will Not see this banner on your songs, but I assure you that they will be listening... & in an honest effort to give great consideration to all of your masterpieces presented to us here... They will be listening more than once to your songs, before sending their scores to me.

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

All Songs Must Be Fresh Recordings
Dated On or After Oct. 2, 2018

Deadline for all song entries is
Tue. Oct. 9, 2018, Midnight SS Time

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

01. jaderottie63
Song
Link
Optional Bonus song
Song Title
link
02. Outnumbered321
Song
Link
Optional Bonus song
Song Title
link
03. Anna-Rea
Forever Strong
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b59191b61
Optional Bonus song
Song Title
link
04. starsearch
Perspective Of A Bully
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b8946e0a1
Optional Bonus song
Song Title
link
05. terlew26
Song
Link
Optional Bonus song
Song Title
link
06. JohnnySilva
Children
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b07f114a1
Optional Bonus song
Song Title
link
07. IanHarrod
Song
Link
Optional Bonus song
Song Title
link
08. Hightones
Song
Link
Optional Bonus song
Song Title
link
09. justghetto
Song
Link
Optional Bonus song
Song Title
link
Name
Song
Link
Optional Bonus song
Song Title
link
11-25
HC.
Hostess Contribution
Rkingkaraoke
Song
Link
Optional Bonus song
Song Title
Link

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Chuck Berry, Smokey Robinson, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, Carole King/Carole King and Gerry Goffin, Paul Simon, Joni Mitchell, Stevie Wonder

Bob Marley, Brian Wilson, Hank Williams, Bruce Springsteen, Eddie Holland, Lamont Dozier and Brian Holland, Leonard Cohen, Neil Young, Prince, Ellie Greenwich and Jeff Barry, Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller,

Lou Reed, Van Morrison, Robert Johnson, Elvis Costello, Randy Newman, James Brown, Ray Davies, Woody Guthrie, Buddy Holly, Pete Townshend, Dolly Parton

Burt Bacharach and Hal David, Merle Haggard, Michael Jackson, Bono and the Edge, Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter, Jackson Browne, Al Green, David Bowie, John Fogerty

Max Martin, Sly Stone, Johnny Cash, Jimmy Webb, Robbie Robertson, Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong, Neil Diamond, Elton John and Bernie Taupin, Don Henley and Glenn Frey, Billy Joel

Willie Dixon, The Notorious B.I.G., Stevie Nicks, Kurt Cobain, Tom Waits, Madonna, Joe Strummer and Mick Jones, George Clinton, Tom Petty, Willie Nelson

Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman, Harry Nilsson, Chrissie Hynde, Bert Berns, George Harrison, Kenny Gamble and Leon A. Huff, Morrissey and Marr, Jay Z, James Taylor, Dan Penn

Walter Becker and Donald Fagen, Fats Domino and Dave Barthomolew, Radiohead, Patti Smith, Isaac Hayes and David Porter, Loretta Lynn, Allen Toussaint, Curtis Mayfield, Lucinda Williams, R. Kelly,

Björk, Marvin Gaye, Nicholas Ashford and Valerie Simpson, Kanye West, R.E.M., Sam Cooke, Kris Kristofferson, Barry Mann and Cynthia Weill, Felice and Boudleaux Bryant, Babyface

Eminem, Paul Westerberg, Billie Joe Armstrong, John Prine, The Bee Gees, Timbaland and Missy Elliott, Taylor Swift, Otis Blackwell, Tom T. Hall, Björn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson,
Though not on the list.... I'd Like to add Ed Sheeran to it .

For more info about each of these Amazing Singer Songwriters visit:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-songwriters

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Top 10 Celebrities Who Were Bullied at School

Outnumbered321LEVEL 85

Reply by Outnumbered321GOLD

I'm SOOOOOO in Ruby!
I have read and will comply with the rules...
I want to do my part to help STOMP OUT BULLYING!

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

I'm SOOOOOO in Ruby!
I have read and will comply with the rules...
I want to do my part to help STOMP OUT BULLYING!Outnumbered321

And, I'm SOOOOO HAPPY you want in Dan...
Ty for using your talent to help make a difference here.
Can't wait to hear your song Dan!

Anna-ReaLEVEL 101

Reply by Anna-ReaGOLD

“Music is the moonlight in the gloomy night of life.”

I am in , please and thank you for the Invite !!

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

I am in , please and thank you for the Invite !!Anna-Rea

Awesome!!! And You're very welcome!
So glad you can join us!
Looking forward to hearing your song Anna-Rea.

starsearchLEVEL 107

Reply by starsearchGOLD

Hello Snappers! Keep the great music alive! Sing! Sing! Sing!

TY for the invite! I'd love to give this a stab at writing a new song.
Sounds challenging and interesting.

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

TY for the invite! I'd love to give this a stab at writing a new song.
Sounds challenging and interesting.starsearch

Awesome!! You Got this!! It should be fun & rewarding! So glad to have you with us!
Hope you don't mind plugging your page designs above! Ty for sharing them with us! I love them & appreciate all the work you have put into that thread for us... & continue to do.

starsearchLEVEL 107

Edited reply by starsearchGOLD

Yes feel free to show the themes. Nice to know people are using them!

starsearchLEVEL 107

Reply by starsearchGOLD

Ok off to work on my song

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Reply by rkingkaraokeSNAP-STAR

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

JohnnySilvaLEVEL 81

Reply by JohnnySilvaGOLD

Hello thank you for the invite
JohnnySilva
Children
JohnnySilva

Anna-ReaLEVEL 101

Reply by Anna-ReaGOLD

“Music is the moonlight in the gloomy night of life.”

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Hello thank you for the invite
JohnnySilva
Children
JohnnySilva
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b07f114a1JohnnySilva

Welcome Johnny.
I'm so happy to have you here with us! I just listened to your song. I love it!

I am so thrilled to have you & the others here with us. This is going to be an amazing album of powerful songs, that I'm hoping will create positive change & make a difference in our troubled world. I'm going to put you on the set list now. Ty for using your talent to create great music!

HightonesLEVEL 63

Reply by HightonesGOLD

Hey there Ruby I’ll give it a try

starsearchLEVEL 107

Reply by starsearchGOLD

starsearch
Perspective Of A Bully

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Anna-Rea
Forever Strong
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b59191b61Anna-Rea

Thank you so much Anna-Rea... For this awesome song & sharing your story with us.
I just added it to the setlist & had a listen... I Love it!

Omgosh... I can already tell... this is going to be so hard to judge!
OH NO.... I'm loving the listening but I'm already dreading the judging!

Ty for using your talent to create great music Anna-Rae!

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Hey there Ruby I’ll give it a tryHightones

Awesome Andy! So happy that you decided to join us! This is going to be amazing Andy! Can't wait to hear your song! Going to get you added to the list right now!

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

starsearch
Perspective Of A Bully
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b8946e0a1starsearch

Just got a chance to listen to this... & I Loved it! Ty so much for writing this & sharing your talent here with us!
And, Ty for using your talent to create great music!!

I not only loving the lyrics & messages you are all putting into your songs...
I'm loving the music you all are choosing as well!

You are all already exceeding my expectations here!!
I knew this challenge was going to produce some great & powerful songs...
& I love it when I'm right!

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

WOW... Some of you guys are really fast at producing songs. I'm envious of you! I can write lyrics very quickly. Sometimes I'll write several songs within an afternoon... But putting them down, like I'm hearing them in my head, is another matter altogether. I tend to be a perfectionist... & the problem with that is... it's never perfect enough for me! I'm working on that problem though. I just haven't perfected it yet!

I have to go work for about 5 hours now. I will be back later tonight to see how were doing & update the set list. I will link up the playlist when I return later too. Right now, I'm running late... the story of my life. LOL but not that funny.

Keep up the great writing & singing my talented friends. Thank you all so much for taking time out of your busy lives to be here!

SHANDEBEL

Reply by SHANDEBELGOLD

Ruby, I have thought about this and would like to give it a try please.

justghettoLEVEL 81

Reply by justghettoGOLD

They call me Parking Ticket, because I have Fine all over me!@

justghetto
Wasted Tears~Ghetto
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b98a39d41

alanhack46LEVEL 92

Reply by alanhack46SNAP-STAR

alanhack46
Hey Don't You See Me - alanhack46
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b788519c1

I hope this is ok, it only took an hour or so tonight...……..so it might not be very good......but it was fun to do it all the same

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2GOLD

PRAYERS FOR TEXAS. Sent donations....

Hi Ruby! As usual, you have amazed me with your hard work and attention to detail! Wow! If you weren't one of my best buddies here on Snap, I'd join up for certain! Its so important that people be educated to help them understand Cyber bullying. It happens all to often, and the result can be devastating to the victim. What a brilliant idea, Girl! Its nice to see people be given platform, to help even one other person understand different aspects, of bullying. Members writing lyrics, is not only a great tool for bringing awareness and support to others, its another way to end bullying. I am not on SS as often as I have previously been, but I wish you all the best here Ruby! I know your entrants will enjoy this contest and its such a wonderful way to help society, one SS song at a time! YAY!!!!!!

CrimsonGhost

Reply by CrimsonGhostGOLD

Hiya Ruby !! I think I would like to take up this challenge.
I have only ever done a couple songs before, but take this seriously !
Your hard work is appreciated !!! Much Love Girl

CrimsonGhost

Reply by CrimsonGhostGOLD

Here is my entry Ruby ! However that long that took !!!

CrimsonGhost

I Cry Tonight - CrimsonGhost
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b87a984d1

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Ruby, I have thought about this and would like to give it a try please.SHANDEBEL

Hi Shannon,
I would love to hear your thoughts about this.
And....
We would love having you here with us on our 1st MAD Album.
Ty for joining. I'll get you added to the list.
I'm going to update it here in just a few minutes.

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

justghetto
Wasted Tears~Ghetto
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b98a39d41justghetto

I just got a chance to listen to this Ghetto. Its showing a softer side of you... then I'm use to hearing. I Love it! Then you blended in the narrative with the melody... very cool! I'm starting to think I should have all of you help me judge this, Bwahahahahha!!!! Omgoodness, this is going to be harder to judge....than it is to write a song! lol

Really glad you decided to join us Timmy. I'm updating the list right now... so I'll get ya up in there. Thank you for sharing your song & talent here with us!

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

alanhack46
Hey Don't You See Me - alanhack46

I hope this is ok, it only took an hour or so tonight...……..so it might not be very good......but it was fun to do it all the same alanhack46

Oh Alan... so glad to have you with us. Ty for joining! I just had my first listen to this... & I loved it! What a great message too! Ty for using your talent to create great music Alan. Going to get you added to the list now.

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Hi Ruby! As usual, you have amazed me with your hard work and attention to detail! Wow! If you weren't one of my best buddies here on Snap, I'd join up for certain! Its so important that people be educated to help them understand Cyber bullying. It happens all to often, and the result can be devastating to the victim. What a brilliant idea, Girl! Its nice to see people be given platform, to help even one other person understand different aspects, of bullying. Members writing lyrics, is not only a great tool for bringing awareness and support to others, its another way to end bullying. I am not on SS as often as I have previously been, but I wish you all the best here Ruby! I know your entrants will enjoy this contest and its such a wonderful way to help society, one SS song at a time! YAY!!!!!!ImaChristian2

Hey sister friend! So happy to see you here! I really appreciate you stopping by to say Hi.
I love everything you said here Connie... Very well put!!

And... thanks for all the extra kind & encouraging words too.
Love that part about "helping society, one SS song at a time

You really have a way with words Connie.
Sure wish you had the time to take this challenge...
Because I know you would have contributed something awesome for us all to enjoy!

(((Hugs)))

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Hiya Ruby !! I think I would like to take up this challenge.
I have only ever done a couple songs before, but take this seriously !
Your hard work is appreciated !!! Much Love Girl CrimsonGhost

Hi Len!
I just listened to your song! What beautiful music you choice... fit really well with that sad story telling song! I remember when you wrote your first song... It was awesome too. Seems you have a natural talent for it & I'm glad you are sharing it here with us. Great write & sing Len! Thanks for joining us & using your talent to make great music!

Adding you to the line up right now!

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

01. jaderottie63
Song
Link
Optional Bonus Song
02. Outnumbered321
Song
Link
Optional Bonus Song
03. Anna-Rea
Forever Strong
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b59191b61
Optional Bonus Song
04. starsearch
Perspective Of A Bully
Optional Bonus Song
05. terlew26
Song
Link
Optional Bonus Song
06. JohnnySilva
Children
Optional Bonus Song
07. IanHarrod
Song
Link
Optional Bonus Song
08. Hightones
Song
Link
Optional Bonus Song
09. justghetto
Wasted Tears
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b98a39d41
Optional Bonus Song
10. SHANDEBEL
Song
Link
Optional Bonus Song
11. alanhack46
Hey Don't You See Me
Optional Bonus Song
12. CrimsonGhost
I Cry Tonight
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b87a984d1
Optional Bonus Songs
13-25
HC.
Hostess Contribution
Rkingkaraoke (Ruby)
Optional Bonus song
Song Title
Link

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

All Songs Must Be Fresh Recordings
Dated On or After Oct. 2, 2018

We will not be closing the comp until...
Tue. Oct. 9, 2018, Midnight SS Time.
So take your time... You have plenty of time to get your songs in.

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Wow... its really storming bad here. I was hoping to add a video to my song tonight... but, I may have to power down now for the night. I'll check back in before I go to work tomorrow afternoon. Loving all of the masterpieces presented here so far & I'm looking forward to hearing more!

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

rkingkaraokeLEVEL 98

Next >>